The BBC is the world's largest producer of live classical music. Over 50% of music broadcast on BBC Radio 3 is live or specially recorded. BBC Radio International offers the best of this unique output to audiences around the world.
Our catalogue of live performances includes the pick of the BBC Proms - the world’s biggest classical music festival - alongside highlights from other major festivals, such as Aldeburgh, York, Bath, Cheltenham and Edinburgh, plus concerts from other famous venues, including London's Wigmore Hall.
Access to this archive - which stretches back over fifty years - is available exclusively through BBC Radio International.
BBC Classical Music offers:
- The world's largest catalogue of live classical performance - Several thousand hours of quality recordings
- Unique live performances
- Uncompromising technical standards and audio quality
- Comprehensive presentation details
- Major artists - Brendel, Rattle, Domingo, the Berlin Philharmonic...
- World premieres - Britten, Ades, Maxwell Davies, Tavener...